Healthy Alkaline Food Recipes – Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Healthy alkaline food recipes will have a surreal impact on your taste buds. You can enjoy amazing meals while offering your body the best nutrients. Cooking fresh & keeping an eye on acidic foods â as often as possible, will make you see a real difference in the way you feel.
Today we would like to present an interesting recipe which would require you to spend a bit more time in the kitchen â vegetarian stuffed cabbage leaves.
It has many delicious and healthy ingredients, which taste amazing when brought together in this specific combination. Based on your preferences, you can always just replace and ingredients you donât like. But for an original taste, use the exact ingredients & instructions mentioned below.
Our vegetarian stuffed cabbage leaves recipe is complex – but worth it
This is one of those meals that will make you want to close your eyes and really enjoy every single bite. Nowadays, we prefer short, quick, and easy recipes that are ready to eat in 15-20 minutes. But, there are healthy alkaline food recipes just like this one, which is truly worth the trouble.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 250 grams of hydrated soy granules
- 500 grams of mushrooms
- 1 apple
- 2 carrots
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons hydrated quinoa
- 2 heads of cabbage
- 500 ml tomato sauce
- Salt & Spices (paprika, thyme, black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hydrate quinoa (for 2 hours) soy granules (for 20-30 minutes) before cooking them. Simply put each of these ingredients in separate bowls, covered in water, and leave them there for the recommended amount of time.
- Remove the core of the cabbage and put it in a pot of boiling water, where you leave it for about 15 minutes until the cabbage leaves get softer (you can check this with a fork).
- When the quinoa and soy granules are hydrated, mix them with the minced apple, mushrooms, carrots, onions & spices.
- Saute the ingredients mentioned above in a pan for about 15-20 minutes. Leave the mixture to cool down.
- Take off all of the cabbage leaves separately and place the stuffing inside each leaf, before rolling it up. Mince a quarter of a cabbage head.
- In a pot, where you have already placed a tablespoon of olive oil, put half of the minced leftover cabbage. On top of it, add the stuffed cabbage leaves and then cover them with the rest of the minced cabbage.
- Pour the tomato sauce all over it and then add water to cover the cabbage. Put a lid on, bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 2 hours.
- Thatâs it. Fill up your plate and if you are feeling a bit cheeky, put some a little bit of yogurt on top (although itâs pH is acidic, yogurt is considered an alkaline-forming food)
Donât take our word for it â try it!
While you are working on this fantastic vegetarian stuffed cabbage leaves recipe, there might be moments when you feel that you could have done something simpler. But, once you taste it, you will want to have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next week. Yes, itâs that good! Making healthy choices should not be something you do because of someone else.
Do it for yourself, for happy days, for a better life, and the chance to truly enjoy every single moment of it.
To ensure you are making informed decisions for yourself and your family, we have prepared The Healthy Choices Guide, which you can download for free if you just subscribe to our newsletter below.